I know the whole studio room isn’t set up yet, but this part is exciting because I can record, mix, and edit now:
- Install Pro Tools 11.3.1 and all associated drivers, plugins, etc. into Windows 10.
- Install 16-channel audio interface drivers and settings panel.
- Install ASIO4ALL audio drivers into Windows 10.
- Connect Audio interface to computer and speakers.
- Connect second display monitor to laptop and extend desktop onto it.
- Open older Pro Tools session and test system.
- Set up Templates and Workspace in PT.
- Test 8-channel audio snake on each channel using digital drum machine.
- Connect 25-key MIDI controller to USB hub and test connectivity and function.
- Connect 61-key MIDI keyboard to audio interface and test connectivity and function.
I feel better now.
Everything runs smoothly after a few benign hiccups.
Almost time to do some real recording.
Gonna set up the acoustic drum set tomorrow.